Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What must come attached: A Defense of Most Men

In The Book of Dahlia, Elisa Albert writes that men just want to put their dick in something "warm and alive." As often as I've heard something similar and as amusing as I find this idea in theory, when I consider the truth of it, I know very few people who are actually like that. Maybe because there are those handful of guys who will (5%? 10% maybe), our amazement is so overwhelming that it bleeds into our perception of men in general. Most of the guys I know, when not in a state of frantic lonely desperation, actually maintain unrealistic expectations of what must come attached to the vagina.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think the perception is due to a few bad apples. I don't claim to have taken a survey, but it's my impression that even those men who want and expect more than "something warm and alive" will speak and act as if that's the most important item on their list, and hide their desire for anything else. What's worse, they'll boast about this attitude to their friends.

    ReplyDelete